Spitalfields E1 recently broke through the million visitors .mark demonstrating the power of digital integrated with traditional channels to drive brand profile and deliver tangible results including footfall and followers.
Clarity in Marketing has been working closely with the CBRE team since 2007 to establish Spitalfields as a major retail and leisure destination. Our approach has been to establish Spitalfields E1 as the overarching destination brand for the wider area of Spitalfields. This strategy allows us to:
- add value for our audience and the local community by being a reliable and trusted guide to shopping and leisure in area;
- connect with and support the local businesses, community groups and arts organisations by supporting and promoting them via our marketing channels; and crucially
- drive footfall for our retail tenants by building awareness of Spitalfields as a vibrant destination with a lot to offer and by providing them with priority access to promote themselves via a trusted and authoritative voice for the destination.
To deliver this strategy we utilise a range of marketing channels including PR; print, outdoor and digital advertising; experiential marketing and digital marketing. This is combined with monthly meetings with the CBRE management team to report on results and agree future activities and regular proactive contact with the 24 shops, restaurants and cafes and over 60 market traders. Central to all campaigns is the goal of driving sign-up to Spitalfields’ digital channels. Sign-up provides us with the ability to cost-effectively remarket to those we make contact with giving us multiple opportunities to drive footfall and repeat visits.
With the successful launch of the Saturday Style Market in 2013, Spitalfields is now established as a 7 day a week destination attracting a diverse mix of visitors throughout the week including office workers from the nearby financial institutions of The City and hipsters from East London to local residents and tourists from the UK and abroad.
The assets that now form part of the Spitalfields E1 brand include:
- 80,000 plus visits per monthly to the website with a steady growth in number of returning visitors
- 20% of website visits from outside the UK
- 27,000 monthly searches on Google for ‘Spitalfields’
- 28,000 sites linking to the Spitalfields website
- 21,000 plus social media followers
- 10,000 plus email subscribers
- Regular press coverage including top fashion magazines, national papers, travel guides and inflight magazines